Oratorical speaking courses are for last year school children who find speaking in public difficult. They are also for those who feel that grammar exercises are easier than expressing themselves verbally. These courses are also good for those who simply enjoy speaking.
During these lessons you will learn about public speaking peculiarities, improve your vocabulary, speak in front of the class, prepare presentations, watch short videos of famous professionals in the area, and examine their techniques and mistakes.
In AKS we appreciate slow and consistent learning to gain valuable knowledge, while a certificate is only a formal way to validate it. All our students, who pay for the courses, can pass the final test, get a certificate on the first day of the course and, if they do not feel like studying, they do not have to.
Language is a living organism and you need time to adopt it. The most common mistake is to rush and punish yourself for things you cannot remember and to start thinking less of yourself. Everyone has their own pace and that is totally normal. You need to be interested in language, be curious as a child, and find your own strategy for memorising things. You absolutely should not rush yourself, because in such way you will only lower your self-esteem. Trust your teacher, share your fears, and let them guide you forward.
Why should you take oratorical speaking classes at AKS?
- Language practice. In this course there are no routine exercises or textbooks, you will spend all your time improving your speaking skills.
- Language use. Courses are given ONLY IN ENGLISH.
- Content. You will often prepare presentations and comment on your colleagues’ presentations.
- Teachers who love their job. AKS teachers are our most valuable asset. AKS has an objective of becoming the most wanted employer for teachers, so we do our best to make the teachers feel happy about going to work. Of course, students are the first ones to feel the benefit.
- Motivating homework. During the course students are given various useful homework: writing diaries, making presentations, reading additional literature. Homework is not obligatory, you can choose yourself to do it or not.
- Reasonable pace. The course is neither too intensive nor laid-back.
- Progress tracking. You will take mini tests periodically to see your progress while learning new active vocabulary.
- Final test. Once you have finished no shorter than three months’ spoken course, you can choose to take the final test. It consists of a vocabulary test and a 15 minute presentation on a chosen topic. If you successfully complete the final test, we will reward you with a certificate.
- Environment. In AKS you can find everything you need. We have created functional, safe, and cosy environment and we try to avoid an overly formal style.
- Important details. Feel free to have a cup of tea or coffee and some snacks (fruit or biscuits) or sometimes even something more filling.
- Additional activities. We have small libraries in all of our schools which you are free to use. You can borrow magazines (from car magazines to tabloids) and books.
- Unexpected discovery. You can meet a few friendly dogs running around in AKS, especially in Žvėrynas and Žaliakalnis. You can pet them, but please do not feed them. Pupils tend to enjoy them even more than better school grades, but, if you have any allergies, do inform us about them.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Registration in advance is a must. You can register by phone or e-mail (please choose your preferred AKS branch).
Please state your name, surname, age, contact information (telephone number and e-mail), and English language level (if you do not know it, please take the language test which you can find above).
All participants should be no less than A2 English level (to be able to speak English at least a bit).
Skipped classes are not refunded. They can only be postponed due to health issues after providing a document proving that.