CLICK HERE TO REGISTER.
During these classes you will improve your medical English skills on professional level. You will get a chance to perfect your reading, speaking, writing, listening, and grammar. You will make presentations in front of the audience, watch short videos on medical topics, listen to recordings, and communicate with your peers.
Medical English courses are taught by our most experienced teachers, colourful, interesting, diplomatic, and delicate individuals who help each and everyone in the group to open up, spot everyone’s mistakes, and give advice on further improvement.
In AKS we appreciate slow and consistent learning to gain valuable knowledge, while a certificate is only a formal way to validate it. All our students, who pay for the courses, can pass the final test, get a certificate on the first day of the course and, if they do not feel like studying, they do not have to.
Slow and consistent learning is a proven way to learn the language. We often see widely advertised quick language courses. However, have you ever met a person who could speak a language fluently right after finishing such courses? They might have got more motivated and self-confident, but, was it the main goal of the course?
Language is a living organism and you need time to adopt it. The most common mistake is to rush and punish yourself for things you cannot remember and to start thinking less of yourself. Everyone has their own pace and that is totally normal. You need to be interested in language, be curious as a child, and find your own strategy for memorising things. You absolutely should not rush yourself, because in such way you will only lower your self-esteem. Trust your teacher, share your fears, and let them guide you forward.
Why should you take Medical English courses at AKS?
- Newest course books. Here at AKS we use only the newest course books for medical English classes. Every year we choose new books and our library is also constantly renewed to make sure the materials are kept up-to-date. Be sure that your course will be based on the most modern foreign language teaching methodology.
- Language use. Courses are given ONLY IN ENGLISH.
- Plenty of spoken English. We dedicate a third of the business course to spoken English, which is way more than in other language schools.
- Teachers who love their job. AKS teachers are extraordinary. AKS has an objective of becoming the most wanted employer for teachers, so we do our best to make the teachers feel happy about going to work. Of course, students are the first ones to feel the benefit.
- Motivating homework. During the course students are given various useful homework: writing diaries, making presentations, reading additional literature. Homework is not obligatory, you can choose yourself to do it or not.
- Reasonable pace. The course is neither too intensive nor laid-back.
- Progress tracking. During the course students have to take progress tests. In such way students can memorize the material better and see the progress they are making.
- Final assessment. At the end of the course students have to take a final test. The result of the final test is entered in the course completion certificate.
- Cosy environment. In AKS you can find everything you need. We have created functional, safe, and cosy environment and we try to avoid an overly formal style.
- Important details. Feel free to have a cup of tea or coffee and some snacks (fruit or biscuits) or sometimes even something more filling.
- Additional activities. We have small libraries in all of our schools which you are free to use. You can borrow magazines (from car magazines to tabloids) and books.
- Unexpected discovery. You can meet a few friendly dogs running around in AKS, especially in Žvėrynas and Žaliakalnis. You can pet them, but please do not feed them.
- Personal ties. AKS is an average size school where the administration knows each student’s name, shares a cup of tea with them before classes, communicates, and tries to help, if you have any problems with the courses. We always try to find the most suitable group for you to make sure you are satisfied with our services. It is not only business, we truly believe in the values what we preach.
- Events. Every last Friday of the month all AKS students are invited to join AKS Game Nights. These are evenings with board games and movies where you can meet all AKS staff. Members. Your teacher can tell you more about it. All the newest information is also posted on AKS Facebook page www.facebook.com/anglustudija.lt
To register for medical English courses or for more information please contact us by phone or e-mail.