CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR SPOKEN CLASSES.
Spoken English courses are for those who feel that doing grammar exercises or writing in English is not as difficult as expressing themselves in English as well as for those who need English only for communicative purposes (participating in conferences, speaking with clients on the phone, in travels).
Those who enjoy speaking will love the course too! Sometimes students attend courses for more than a year or two and it is not because they have problems studying, but simply because they like meeting new people and having good time.
During the courses you will get acquainted with colloquial English peculiarities, learn new vocabulary, speak in front of the audience, make presentations, watch short videos, listen to recordings and communicate with your peers.
In AKS we appreciate slow and consistent learning to gain valuable knowledge, while a certificate is only a formal way to validate it. All our students, who pay for the courses, can pass the final test, get a certificate on the first day of the course and, if they do not feel like studying, they do not have to.
Slow and consistent learning is a proven way to learn the language. We often see widely advertised quick language courses. However, have you ever met a person who could speak a language fluently right after finishing such courses? They might have got more motivated and self-confident, but, was it the main goal of the course?
Language is a living organism and you need time to adopt it. The most common mistake is to rush and punish yourself for things you cannot remember and to start thinking less of yourself. Everyone has their own pace and that is totally normal. You need to be interested in language, be curious as a child, and find your own strategy for memorising things. You absolutely should not rush yourself, because in such way you will only lower your self-esteem. Trust your teacher, share your fears, and let them guide you forward.
Why should you take spoken English course at AKS?
- Specialized language practice. If you choose spoken English courses in AKS, all your time will be dedicated to improving your spoken English skills. No course book, no repetitive exercises, only spoken practice.
- Language use. Courses are given ONLY IN ENGLISH.
- Content. You will often have to prepare presentations on given topics or provide comments on your colleagues’ presentations.
- Teachers who love their job. AKS teachers are extraordinary. AKS has an objective of becoming the most wanted employer for teachers, so we do our best to make the teachers feel happy about going to work. Of course, students are the first ones to feel the benefit.
- Motivating homework. During the course students are given various useful homework: writing diaries, making presentations, reading additional literature (professional and fiction).
- Reasonable pace. The course is neither too intensive nor laid-back.
- Progress tracking. During the course students have to take progress tests. In such way students can memorize the material better and see the progress they are making.
- Final assessment. Once you have finished no shorter than three months’ spoken course, you can choose to take the final test. It consists of a vocabulary test and a 15 minute presentation on a chosen topic. If you successfully complete the final test, we will reward you with a certificate.
- Cosy environment. In AKS you can find everything you need. We have created functional, safe, and cosy environment and we try to avoid an overly formal style.
- Important details. Feel free to have a cup of tea or coffee and some snacks (fruit or biscuits) or sometimes even something more filling.
- Additional activities. We have small libraries in all of our schools which you are free to use. You can borrow magazines (from car magazines to tabloids) and books.
- Unexpected discovery. You can meet a few dogs running around in AKS, especially in Naujamiestis. You can pet them, but please do not feed them.
- Personal ties. AKS is an average size school where the administration knows each student’s name, shares a cup of tea with them before classes, communicates, and tries to help, if you have any problems with the courses. We always try to find the most suitable group for you to make sure you are satisfied with our services. It is not only business, we truly believe in the values what we preach.
Registration in advance is a must. You can register by phone or e-mail (please choose your preferred AKS branch). Please state your name, surname, English language level (if you do not know it, please take the language test which you can find above) and the group.
All students should be no less than A2 level. We recommend (but it is not obligatory) to take a three-month course (48 academic hours/24 lessons). A certificate will be provided only if you attend 24 lessons or more.
We remind you that for spoken groups you do not need to wait for a new group. You can simply choose from the groups that are already learning if there are any free spots. New groups are formed only once a year (we can add time to the schedule if there is a need).
Skipped classes are not refunded. They can only be postponed due to health issues after providing a document proving that, or due to a business trip with a document proving your reason of absence.