BRIEFLY ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is for everyone who has trouble learning, is not happy about gaps in their language, and also cannot study together with a group.
Moreover, individual course is a great choice for students whose English results are better than their peers’ and who want to focus on purposeful improvement on a higher level. This course functions as an additional means of learning English as a foreign language.
The course is set to assure consistent learning, revision, identifying personal gaps, connecting new information with prior knowledge so that students could create their own learning system and the information in their heads would not be scattered.
Students are encouraged to understand language learning as a useful process and not as means to improve their grades at school. Plenty of attention is paid to spoken language which is impossible in big groups at school.
To form a firm base of active words and phrases; to improve writing and listening skills, to read foreign texts without a dictionary; to polish pronunciation and learn listen closely when the speaker does not translate their language into student’s native tongue.
One of the main goals is to demonstrate the best ways to “tame” English while dealing with acquired insecurities which come from not knowing the language and slower pace at school, or problematic relationship with teachers.
- Language use. Courses are given ONLY IN ENGLISH.
- Personal plan. Course syllabus, which is prepared according to the school syllabus determined by the Ministry of Education and Science, is individually adapted for each student.
- Teachers. The teachers are the main asset of AKS. We choose them very carefully. All of them are qualified professionals who understand that the most important thing during classes is to explain everything in great detail. We do everything in our power to create a close relationship between AKS students and their teachers. We value strong and long-lasting relationships.
- Motivation. Teachers continuously track your progress, give helpful advice, adapt to your individual pace, and needs. You can ask to receive homework which is specially chosen for your level to help you stay motivated.
- Materials. We keep our working materials up-to-date and renew them once a year. All course books are original and certified.
- Cooperation. Teachers closely communicate with students’ parents, constantly providing them with information about progress.
- Cosy environment. In AKS you can find everything you need. We have created functional, safe, and cosy environment and we try to avoid an overly formal style.
- Self-evaluation. Students’ parents are often happy that their child, who previously used to dislike English (because of problems at school or simply “I just can’t” attitude), begins to find interest in the subject and becomes more confident after starting AKS courses. Our teachers do not only work by the book. They take into account every child’s needs and cooperate with their parents. If the relationship with English is very poor, we encourage to begin from individual lessons (so that the student could get used to the teacher, understand what they are expected to do, adapt to course pace and content), and only then join group lessons (to not get too attached to one teacher and manage to work in a group, where students have to share teacher’s attention).
- Important details. Feel free to have a cup of tea or coffee and some snacks (fruit or biscuits) or sometimes even something more filling.
- Additional activities. We have small libraries in all of our schools which you are free to use. You can borrow magazines (from car magazines to tabloids) and books.
- Unexpected discovery. You can meet a few friendly dogs running around in AKS, especially in Žvėrynas and Žaliakalnis. You can pet them, but please do not feed them. Pupils tend to enjoy them even more than better school grades, but, if you have any allergies, do inform us about them.
Students obtain self-confidence, systemize their knowledge, find the most appropriate way of learning, and improve their school performance.
Early identification of learning gaps leads to more effective learning in the future.
During the courses students will receive teacher‘s contact details in order to reach them after classes to discuss all the questions concerning English.
The expected increase of school grade is one-two marks after finishing a recommended minimum duration course with good attendance, following instructions, and doing homework.
250 EUR for 10 lessons (60 min each) or 30 EUR for 1 lesson.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
To register for the courses please contact us by phone or e-mail at any AKS branch.
Do not hesitate to call, write, or visit us for more information.