BRIEFLY ABOUT THE COURSE
During the classes a lot of attention is dedicated to consistent learning, revision, identifying personal gaps, connecting new information with prior knowledge so that students could create their own learning system and the information in their heads would not be scattered.
In AKS we appreciate slow and consistent learning to gain valuable knowledge, while a certificate is only a formal way to validate it. All our students, who pay for the courses, can pass the final test, get a certificate on the first day of the course and, if they do not feel like studying, they do not have to.
Slow and consistent learning is a proven way to learn the language. We often see widely advertised quick language courses. However, have you ever met a person who could speak a language fluently right after finishing such courses? They might have got more motivated and self-confident, but, was it the main goal of the course?
Language is a living organism and you need time to adopt it. The most common mistake is to rush and punish yourself for things you cannot remember and to start thinking less of yourself. Everyone has their own pace and that is totally normal. You need to be interested in language, be curious as a child, and find your own strategy for memorising things. You absolutely should not rush yourself, because in such way you will only lower your self-esteem. Trust your teacher, share your fears, and let them guide you forward.
If you choose individual courses, we will help you to develop solid active vocabulary formed of most frequently used words and phrases; improve writing and listening skills; encourage reading in foreign language without using dictionary; brush up pronunciation and listen actively when the speaker is not using your mother tongue.
- Language use. All our courses are given ONLY IN ENGLISH. Student’s native tongue can only be used in exceptional cases upon request.
- Individual plan. For each student we draft an individual long-term plan with personal goals in mind.
The teachers are the main asset of AKS. We choose them very carefully. Before the course you will be asked what kind of teacher you would like to study with and we will do our best to find the one who meets your needs best. After a couple of lessons we always ask whether the teacher suits you. If the answer is negative, we will search for a more suitable teacher until we find the best one for you.
- Materials. We keep our working materials up-to-date and renew them once a year. All course books are original and certified.
- Motivation. Teachers continuously track your progress, give helpful advice, adapt to your individual pace, and needs. You can ask to receive homework which is specially chosen for your level to help you stay motivated.
- Cosy environment. In AKS you can find everything you need. We have created functional, safe, and cosy environment and we try to avoid an overly formal style.
- Important details. Feel free to have a cup of tea or coffee and some snacks (fruit or biscuits) or sometimes even something more filling.
- Additional activities. We have small libraries in all of our schools which you are free to use. You can borrow magazines (from car magazines to tabloids) and books.
- Unexpected discovery. You can meet a few friendly dogs running around in AKS, especially in Žvėrynas and Žaliakalnis. You can pet them, but please do not feed them.
- Personal ties. AKS is an average size school where the administration knows each student’s name, shares a cup of tea with them before classes, communicates, and tries to help, if you have any problems with the courses. We always try to find the most suitable group for you to make sure you are satisfied with our services. It is not only business, we truly believe in the values what we preach.
- Events. Every last Friday of the month all AKS students are invited to join AKS Game Nights. These are evenings with board games and movies where you can meet all AKS staff. Members. Your teacher can tell you more about it. All the newest information is also posted on AKS Facebook page www.facebook.com/anglustudija.lt
Students will boost their self-esteem, bring structure to their language, and find the best way to learn it.
During the courses students will receive teacher‘s contact details in order to reach them after classes to discuss all the questions concerning English.